- Thai Herbal Compress
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Thai Head, Neck and Shoulders Massage
- Thai Sport Massage
- Thai Aromatherapy Hot Oil Massage
- Wat Pho Traditional Thai Massage
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
Thai Herbal Compress
Thai massage done with a compress pack of traditional Thai healing herbs mixed in Thailand. This massage is based on the relief of tired aching muscles.1. This is a great way to unwind after any demanding sport.
2. Medical properties of these herbs act on internal organs and can be associated in the treatment of common ailments.
Thai Yoga Massage
Experience the benefits of this ancient healing art form. Thai Yoga balances the entire system relieving physical, mental and emotional tension that treats specific ailments and achieves deep relaxation.
Thai Head, Neck and Shoulders Massage
This Massage is the ultimate therapeutic and popular Massage of the Head, Neck, Shoulders and face. This traditional and effective Massage is excellent for relieving stress and also promotes relaxation. With many benefits it is also great for general well being.A gentle and highly effective treatment, this relaxing massage has been practised in Asian countries for over 5000 years.Benefits of this Massage:
• Relieves tension and headaches, neck and back pain.
• Alleviates stress, promotes relaxation a popular massage often requested for general well-being.
• Stimulates lymphatic drainage, helping to remove toxins and boosts the immune system.
• Restores joint mobility, improving circulation which lifts energy levels, and improving concentration.
• This massage reaches all energy centres where tension accumulates.
Thai Sport Massage
This is an extensive and highly refined system which consists of kneading the muscles and manipulating the skeletal parts, also applying deep consistent pressure to specific nerves, tendons and ligaments in order to balance the function of the body• Reduces heart rate and blood pressure
• Increases blood circulation
• Boosts the body’s immune system
• Relaxes muscles
• Improve range of motion
• Assist in recovery of injuries
• Unblocks lymph of blood vessel blockages, clearing away toxins and so reducing scarringNB. Not for diabetics, people with circulation problems or with low blood pressure!
Wat Pho Traditional Thai Massage
This massage consists primarily of acupressure exerted on energy lines and points as well as a variety of yoga stretches.Deep and specific use of pressure alleviates pain and disease as well as enhancing a smooth and healthy energy flow. This treatment made up of stretching techniques affects the entire body. The client plays only a passive role which is similar to yoga.
Hot stone massage
This treatment is recommended for the following health conditions:
• Muscular aches and pains
• Stress anxiety
• Circulation problems
Hot stone massage is a speciality massage that uses smooth heated stones. They are normally basalt (a black volcanic rock) that absorbs and retains heat. The heat is deeply relaxing and helps tight muscles release tension. Heated stones may also be left on specific points along your spine, in the palms of your hands, on your belly or even between your toes to improve the flow of energy in your body. This promotes deep muscle and tension relaxation.Great Massage Treatment for an all round feeling of well being, mind, body and spirit.Guaranteed to leave you feeling fantastic.
This massage is very gentle and relaxing if you have never had a massage before. This should be one to try first. Your therapist will use long smooth strokes, kneading and other movements focused on superficial layers of muscles using massage oil or lotion.This should leave you feeling relaxed and stress free.
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is a form of body work that focuses primarily on the feet.How does it work?
The underlying theory behind reflexology is that there are “Reflex” areas on the feet and hands that correspond to specific glands and other parts of the body e.g…
• The tips of the toes reflect the head
• The ball of the foot heart and chest areas
• The arch of the foot, liver, pancreas and kidneys
• The heal, lower back and intestines Practitioners believe that applying pressure to these reflex points can promote health in the corresponding organs through energetic pathways. A scientific explanation is that the pressure may send signals that balance the nervous system or release chemicals such as endorphins that reduce pain and stress.
Massage Therapy is not Recommended for certain people
° People with infections such as skin diseases, rashes or open wounds.
° Immediately after surgery.
° Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation unless recommended by your doctor.
° People prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodges.
° If you have any heart conditions please consult your doctor before having a massage
° If you suffer from epilepsy.
° If you are pregnant, (Pregnant woman should only consider a massage after consulting their doctor however, a massage then should only be done by a certified therapist in pregnancy massage.)
° If you are unsure about any condition, please consult your doctor prior to any treatment that you may consider.Your health is our greatest concern.Things to Remember
° If the pressure is too strong for you, let the therapist know!
° Massage therapy should not hurt.
° Occasionally there is a mild aching when the therapist applies pressure over “knots” and other areas of muscle tension.
° Most people feel calm and relaxed after a treatment, occasionally people experience mild, temporary aching for a day.
° Take your time getting up. If you sit or stand too quickly you may feel light headed.
° Always be honest with your therapist about any medical condition.
° Do not eat a heavy meal before a massage.
° Discuss with the therapist what type of pain you are experiencing.
° Let your therapist make a decision on what type of treatment will be best for you.
° If it’s your first time do not be afraid to ask questions relating to your treatment.Why should you consider having a massage?
Let one of our therapists decide which massage will benefit you most.
° For relaxation.
° Relieves pains and muscle tension.
° Strengthens and rejuvenates the body.
° Invigorates the nervous system.
° Improves circulation.
° Heightens awareness.
° Also appears to enhance immune functions.
° Circulatory and respiratory problems.
° Post injury and post surgical rehabilitation.
° Lowers levels of hormones such as cholesterol.